'Business is GREAT Britain' new campaign - a message to UK companies
08 Nov 2013
A new UK Government campaign to support small businesses - Business is GREAT Britain - launched on the 6th November and includes UK-wide advertising on poster-sites, print and digital media.
New and growing businesses are the bedrock of the UK economy. Small businesses contribute half of jobs and half of private sector turnover. Government is committed to supporting them by making it easier to start and grow a business.
‘Business is GREAT Britain’ is designed to build confidence amongst SMEs by showcasing inspirational examples of similar sized businesses. The campaign will use case studies and peer-to-peer testimonials to encourage businesses to plan, hire and export, as drivers to future business success.
Later in the year, the Small Business Strategy will set out how Government will help new businesses to thrive and existing businesses to grow - it will be a strategy explaining how the whole of Government will support small business.
Many MIA members can benefit directly from this strategy. The Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) would be pleased if you could raise awareness of this. If you can help please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and she will keep you informed of timescales and key messages.
We would welcome your support for the campaign.
How you can get involved with Business is GREAT
30 seconds to spare?
1. Email a link to www.greatbusiness.gov.uk to any friends or contacts who run their own businesses, and ask them for feedback
5 minutes to spare?
1. Like www.facebook.com/BusinessisGREATBritain for regular updates
2. Join the Business is GREAT group on LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4662278) and share with your network
3. Follow #businessisgreat on Twitter (www.twitter.com/search?q=%23businessisgreat), RT anything that inspires you
4. Add a link to www.greatbusiness.gov.uk to your email signature
5. Use the banners and ads that will be made available on the Flickr set to promote the campaign on your site (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bisgovuk/sets/72157637190143796/)
20 minutes to spare?
1. Write a blog, tweet, Facebook or LinkedIn status update about a small business you admire. If you don’t have your own blog and want to write up to 200 words you can send a draft to us. We want to hear: who the business is, the people behind it, what they do, and why you like the business so much.
If you have any questions please contact Kate Keating on 020 7215 4341 or at email@example.com