The History of Motorsport Technology Conference will be an integral part of National Motorsport Week 2012, held between the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the British Grand Prix at Silverstone.
Leading motorsport engineers and designers who have contributed to the sector’s key technological developments and internationally recognised motorsport writers will present their work here at Cranfield University. Presentations will also cover the context in which these developments have taken place including the development of the motorsport technology cluster in the UK.
- Peter Wright, FIA and former Managing Director of Lotus Engineering and Technical Director of Team Lotus.
- David Tremayne, freelance motorsport writer and co-founder of Grand Prix+. FIA Records Commission Member. UK land speed record challenger. Former Editor of Motor Sport Magazine.
- Charles Armstrong-Wilson, freelance journalist and former Editor of Racecar Engineering
- Mark Hughes, Autosport Grand Prix reporter, F1 Technical Analyst Sky Sports, and F1 Correspondent to the Sunday Times.
- Mike Pilbeam, Managing Director, Pilbeam Racing Designs. Former Chief Designer at BRM.
- Karl Ludvigsen, internationally respected author, consultant and former Executive of Ford, GM and Fiat.
- Graham Humphrys, Chief Engineer, GT 1 Design and ex-March, Spice, Lola, RML, Williams and Aston Martin.
- Brian O'Rourke, Chief Composites Engineer, Williams F1.
- Graham Campion, Business Development Manager, Cranfield Motorsport Simulation.
- Neil Spalding, Director Sigma Performance, Moto GP journalist and Author 'MotoGP Technology', Eurosport MotoGP technical commentator.
- Joe Saward, writer and co-founder of GrandPrix+ and former Grand Prix Editor of Autosport.
- Chris Aylett, CEO of the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA)
- Professor Mark Jenkins, Cranfield University, F1 Professor.#
For more information please click here