Act now! Next Generation Composite Wing (NGCW) – Searching for Innovative Supply Chain Capability
31 Jan 2012
This free event, sponsored by the Welsh Government, led by Airbus and including a number of world-class partners such as Bombardier, Messier- Dowty, GKN Aerospace, GE Aviation, Atkins and EADS, seeks to bring together new and innovative technologies and companies that will contribute to solving the challenges faced in the development, manufacture and assembly of advanced wing systems for future civil aerospace applications.
Advanced wing systems require a wide range of technologies to improve performance, reduce weight and increase efficiency to reduce fuel burn and enable cost-effective manufacture and assembly for UK industry to remain globally competitive. Specific challenges are:
• High strength low weight and maintenance free materials
• Corrosion resistant, environmentally friendly coatings and finishes
• Robust and flexible low cost design, manufacture and assembly methods, inc bonding methods
• Ability to support high volume manufacture, with flexibility to react to changes
• Simulation and optimisation of factory manufacture and assembly processes
• Automatic and technology assisted manufacturing and assembly methods
• Innovative low cost tooling
• RFID technologies to improve build quality and part traceability
• Non-destructive test and evaluation methods
The event will be held on Wednesday 14th March 2012 at the Ramada Inn, Wrexham, and application questionnaires must be received before 17th February 2012.
For further information on the application process and to view the outline agenda for the event please click here.