Attention ALL MEMBERS - have you succeeded in international trade or innovation recently then enter your company now for a prestigious Queen's Award for Enterprise
24 Jun 2013
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise are the most prestigious accolades for businesses and individuals in the United Kingdom. The winners are announced each year on 21st April, Her Majesty The Queen’s birthday.
The process is highly competitive - in 2012 a total of 862 businesses applied and 209 awards were granted. Eleven individuals were granted the Award for Enterprise Promotion.
The corporate awards recognise outstanding achievements by UK companies in three categories: International Trade, Innovation and Sustainable Development. Winners receive a range of benefits including worldwide recognition and extensive press coverage. Each Award is valid for five years and winners are invited to a reception with HM The Queen at Buckingham Palace.
The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion recognises individuals who make outstanding contributions to enterprise culture in the UK. Those awarded this honour are nominated by individuals who are aware of their achievements. These Awards do not expire and recipients are also invited to the Buckingham Palace reception.
Who can enter
To enter any of the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise categories, a business must be:
- based in the UK - including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
- a self-contained enterprise which markets its own products or services
- under its own management, with at least 2 full-time employees, or part-time equivalents
- able to demonstrate commercial success
There are THREE categories of award:
- international trade
- sustainable development
UK businesses can enter more than one award category as long as they meet the criteria.
International trade category
You must be able to show that your business has achieved substantial growth in overseas earnings, and in commercial success, for your business size and sector. You should be able to show either:
- outstanding achievement in international trade over 3 years or
- continuous achievement in international trade over 6 years
You must be able to show that your business has substantially improved in areas of performance and commercial success. You should be able to show either:
- outstanding innovation, continued over at least 2 years
- continuous innovation and development over at least 5 years
These achievements are assessed for:
- invention, design or production
- performance of services and products
- marketing and distribution
- after-sale support of goods or services
Sustainable development category
Sustainable development describes any activity which ‘ensures a better quality of life for everyone, now and for generations to come’. You should be able to show either:
- outstanding advance in sustainable development over at least 2 years or
- continuous achievement in sustainable development over 5 years
Achievements must be in either:
- invention, design, production, performance, marketing, distribution, after sales support of goods or services or…
- management of resources or people, or of relationships with other organisations (or their representatives)
The online entry process is FREE and now open for the 2014 Awards. The closing date is 28 September 2013. To enter or for information, visit www.queensaward.org.uk
The Queen’s Awards Office can provide further assistance and advice by telephone on 020 7215 6880 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.