NetComposites and Leap Ahead are delighted to invite you to an event to define and promote the needs of the composites sector within the East Midlands. The event builds on the results from a workshop held in February 2010 where the needs for the region were identified.
The aim of the event is two-fold:
- To meet both industry and education requirements from the employer perspective and to ensure that the education institutions are able to meet and understand the needs of the sector
- To initiate the formation of an East Midlands Composites Cluster
The event will take place on Thursday 10 June 2010 at Chartwells on Pride Park in Derby.
The agenda for the event is as follows:
10.00am Registration and refreshments
10.30am Introduction: Responding to current demand - results from the February workshop (Sue Halliwell and Gordon Bishop, NetComposites)
10.45am Workshop One: Looking at the industry from a customer perspective
11.15am Coffee break
1.00pm Workshop Two: Parallel sessions
- Capacity development (Leap Ahead)
- Composites cluster steering group meeting (NetComposites)
2.00pm Coffee break
2.15pm The way forward
- Skills and education report
- Launch of the East Midlands composites cluster
Places are limited so please book now - Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01332 594150.