Following the earlier success of our ‘How to successfully secure funds from Technology Strategy Board’ in March this year, MIA Member Axillium Research would like to invite members to a half-day workshop on how to achieve success in both UK- and European-funded Research.
The workshop, titled: ‘Planning for Success: Open Innovation in UK- and European-funded Research’ will cover topics including:
- 'What can I apply for and what is the process? ’
- ‘What is research and what is just engineering?’
- ‘How do I get the most from Open Innovation?’
As a topical focus, the main workshops will include presentations from any research leaders and members of the High Value Manufacturing community who would like to build consortia around the recently launched TSB call ‘ICT for manufacturing and construction’. This is a £7M funding call to invest in collaborative R&D projects that will mobilise the talents and inspiration of information and communication technology (ICT) companies to develop new approaches for key challenges in manufacturing and construction. These challenges lie around:
- deriving and reusing knowledge
- interoperability across supply chains
- engaging users in design and operation processes
- accelerating product and process innovation.
This competition allows you to engage with ICT experts to address the challenges you face. Other funded research opportunities will be highlighted.
Who Should Attend:
- Technologists: If you have an idea that will help your business bring new ideas and technologies to market then this meeting will give you an insight into the practical steps needed to engage with the UK and EU funding bodies.
- Business Leaders: If you are already working with partners to build a new product and would like to find new partners or support to improve your position in a current opportunity then come along to one of our break-out rooms where you can meet and discuss ideas and connect with more partners.
- Entrepreneurs: If you are an SME, an OEM or an Academic looking to establish a project or programme in the Motorsport industry or in Advanced Engineering generally then come along to meet and share your experiences with others.
- Research Leaders: If you have direct needs that UK or EU strategies do not yet cover then join us in planning for success and contributing to the UK’s future needs.
The event includes a business networking lunch and an opportunity to meet possible partners with whom you can build consortia for up-and-coming research calls.
It is a member-to-member workshop offered by Axillium Research, as follows:
Workshop: Planning for Success: Open Innovation in UK- and European-funded Research
Date: Wednesday 6 July 2011
Time: 10:00am-3:00pm, registration from 9:30am (Includes informal networking lunch from 1:00pm)
Venue: iCon Innovation Centre, Eastern Way, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11 0QB
Cost: £45 MIA members, £65 non-members
To book: Please contact Axillium Research directly:
Email: email@example.com or Telephone: 01327 304819