Venturefest Oxford 2013: nothing Ventured, nothing gained
20 Feb 2013
18 June 2013
SAID Business School
Venturefest is THE business creation networking event of the year. If you are in any way involved in the process of creating businesses, you need to be there.
Seven pillars of success
If you’re a would-be entrepreneur, or an investor who is looking for one, your list of seven principal boxes to tick will probably look something like this:
- Ideas – the key concepts at the heart of your plan
- Insight – the ability to judge its potential and its costs
- Knowhow – the practicalities of execution
- Team – bringing everything together and driving delivery
- Perspective – complementary knowledge and expertise
- Timing – payphone manufacturing start-ups aren’t doing too well right now
And then there is
- Money – naturally
It’s highly likely you have ticked some of these boxes already. But not all of them. To do that, most new businesses need help. It could be market knowledge, or specialist professional advice, or good contacts, or investment funding, or a combination of these. Where are you going to find it?
Venturefest has been answering that question for 15 years. Every summer, we bring together Oxfordshire’s entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, private investors and specialist advisors in an environment where great things happen – and this year the format is designed to create even more opportunities for people to network and find their common ground.
Three key streams…
Venturefest is not speculative. Nor is it theoretical. It’s where real business is done and real deals are made.
- Funding stream -If you are an entrepreneur, this is where you get a 15-minute slot to make your case to a key group of venture capitalists and private investors. However, if you are in the audience, you will find yourself in the best place to hear what’s coming in the hot sectors on which we are focusing this year.
- Learning stream -No one is born knowing everything, and no one hoping to see a new business grow and thrive should be too proud to learn. This stream offers everything from introductory sessions for beginners to specialist master-classes.
- Innovation stream - This stream highlights the latest research and thinking emerging from academia. If theory becomes practice, this is where it generally all begins.
… and four key clusters
Venturefest 2013 is focusing on areas of commerce that are significant not just in the county, but nationally and globally. They are:
- Motorsport and high performance engineering
The potential in these sectors is exciting and real – and to capture it, Venturefest is giving cluster members space to showcase their work, as well as their own networking space, an exhibition area, a session within one of the three main streams, and more besides. It is their opportunity not just to network with one another and find common ground, but to meet people and organisations who can help them realise their ambitions. And it could be yours, too…
And there’s more
There is so much more to Venturefest. There will be two breakfast sessions, providing a Meet the Experts panel, and keynote speaker Lord Drayson, will be sharing the insights of an exciting and successful career in business.
This year at Venturefest, they are also looking for the Future 50 – a club of 50 rising stars in Oxfordshire business who will work together to help solve one another’s business problems, and who will also be the focus of a dedicated partnering and networking programme.
In addition, Venturefest shall be marketing the event and conducting an extensive PR and media campaign – so if you’re part of it, you will be the focus of attention not just for delegates but for national and international media, as well as for all the people following their coverage.
Three streams, four clusters at this year’s Venturefest. Seven pillars of success and insight from us – to help you tick the seven principal boxes of business start-up success.
If you are interested in exhibiting or speaking at this event, please contact Michelle Adams - email@example.com
If you are interested in attending this event, please click here to register - http://www.venturefestoxford.com/