Withers & Rogers - IP Primer: 'Have you got a patent for that?'
05 Sep 2012
A practical, hands-on look at how intellectual property rights fit into the innovation process
- Bristol - 4 October
- Sheffield - 9 October
- Leamington Spa - 16 October
- London - 18 October
This intensive half day course, will identify and consider intellectual property using every day objects and look at the entire innovation process with you, from concept through to commercialisation. The timetable also covers patents and confidentiality; the differences between registered and unregistered designs; trade mark creation, clearance and registration; licensing, franchising, sale and assignment; IP litigation, in particular, process and costs; and finally, access to finance and insurance.
The primer is intended to give you and your organisation the knowledge required to continue protecting or indeed begin protecting your R&D investments and brand building activity so as to maximise revenue streams.
Timetable (Although the schedule for the day is flexible, an approximate timetable is set out below):
- 13:00pm Registration and coffee.
- 13:30pm What is Intellectual Property? Discover IP through three everyday objects.
- 13:50pm The Innovation Process: Going from Concept to Commercialisation.
- 14:00pm Invention: Confidentiality and Patents - how they work.
- 14:40pm Design: Registered Designs, UDR and Copyright - what is the difference?
- 15:10pm Refreshment break.
- 15:25pm Branding: Trade mark creation, clearance and registration.
- 15:55pm Exploitation: Money making options e.g. licensing, franchising, sale and assignment.
- 16:20pm Enforcement: Unfair competition or legitimate fast follower? IP infringement issues & litigation.
- 16:55pm Financial support and reward: Access to finance, insurance and other issues considered.
- 17:20pm Question and answer session.
- 17:30pm Drinks & networking.
For more information and to book your place please click here