The MIA develops and maintains positive working relationships with the following organisations - to mutual benefit.
- Department for International Trade
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Motor Sports Association (MSA)
- All Parliamentary Motor Group (APMG)
- Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
In the same way that the MIA delivers benefit to its members by working collectively as a group, the MIA's engagement with these outside bodies enables all parties to achieve better, and lasting, results.
The MIA also enjoys excellent working relationships with organisations such as:
- FIA - Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile
- SAE – SAE International
- IMechE – Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- SMMT – Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders
- Government agencies including: DFT (Department for Transport); DEFRA (Departmant For Environment, Farming and Rural Affairs); and DCMS (Departmant for Culture Media and Sport) - particularly those within Motorsport Valley®.
The MIA is also a member of the Sponsors Alliance
The MIA sits as a representative on the steering committee of both Formula Schools and Formula Student, the MIA actively supporting these programmes to help enthuse and encourage the next generation of young engineers who will make their careers in the Motorsport Industry.