BREXIT: Government issues third batch of technical notices in case of 'no deal'
03 Oct 2018
The UK Government today published its third batch of technical notices to help business prepare in the event of a no-deal scenario. They firmly believe it is in the interests of both the EU and the UK to strike a deal and that remains the goal on both sides which they are confident will be achieved.
But it is the job of a responsible Government to prepare for all scenarios, including the unlikely event that March 2019 is reached without agreeing a deal. They have already carried out very significant preparations, but are now stepping up the pace, including publishing a series of notices so that businesses and citizens have time to prepare. This does not reflect an increased likelihood of ‘no deal;’ an acceleration at this point was long-planned to ensure plans are in place by March 2019 in the unlikely scenario they are needed.
You may find the following technical notices to be relevant to your organisation:
• Trademarks and designs if there’s no Brexit deal
• Patents if there’s no Brexit deal
• Copyright if there’s no Brexit deal
• Exhaustion of intellectual property rights if there’s no Brexit deal
• European Territorial Cooperation funding if there’s no Brexit deal
• Generating low-carbon electricity if there’s no Brexit deal
For ALL Technical Notices that have been issued please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/how-to-prepare-if-the-uk-leaves-the-eu-with-no-deal