CBI Monthly economic brief
07 Dec 2018
Economic Summary - December 2018
• The CBI’s latest UK economic forecast expects growth to remain subdued through 2020, assuming the EU Withdrawal Agreement is ratified by parliament.
• The CBI’s latest growth indicator points to slightly weaker growth in Q4 following a stronger Q3, which was supported by the warm weather and world cup.
• Evidence of stockpiling by companies as a form of contingency planning for Brexit remains limited.
• The latest Financial Stability Report concluded that UK banks are resilient to a sharp recession in the UK and global economy, more severe than the global financial crisis.
• Several major papers analysing certain Brexit scenarios were released at the end of November ahead of Parliament’s vote on the EU Withdrawal Agreement bill.
To view the full article please click here.