FREE workshop 24th May - Developing the Composites Workforce - a CLF event
16 May 2018
DEVELOPING THE COMPOSITES WORKFORCE - A CLF EVENT
Thursday, May 24, 2018 (All day)
University of Nottingham, Nottingham
Staff development is a vital part of running any successful business and is key for your success and that of the composites industry in the UK. Retraining and upskilling existing employees via CPD is as key to this success as training those new to the workforce, whether that’s ensuring composites knowledge in relevant degree courses or engaging in apprenticeship schemes.
This workshop, run by the Workforce Development Group of the Composites Leadership Forum, brings together a broad range of industry representatives along with key suppliers of workforce development in the further educational market. Through this workshop we hope to identify both the skills shortages faced by industry now and to capture ideas about future needs along with views on the best ways to address those shortages in time.
Representatives from both large organisations and SMEs are encouraged to attend to ensure that we have feedback from across the whole market.
- The growing range of education and training opportunities at all levels
- Short term workforce challenges that are affecting business performance
- The potential demands on education and training providers as new technologies and markets emerge to enable early action that ensures the UK remains competitive
- The scope for Level 2 apprenticeships or alternative solutions to meet industry need for shop floor training
- The market need for higher level and degree apprenticeships
- Interest in the proposed suite of modular CPD courses being developed in response to demand at graduate and post-graduate levels
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Business owners / leaders and those responsible for or interested in workforce development across all market segments
- Education and training establishments currently providing or interested in providing composites short courses, CPD and Apprenticeships.
- Anyone involved in or interested in training within the Composites sector
09:55 The skills gap, update from the CLF Workforce Development Working Group, an industry view.
11:15 Workshop: What is wrong with the current environment?
11:40 Aerospace and automotive platform and product road map
12:30 LUNCH & TOUR (subject to availability)
13:40 Workshop: Tomorrow's challenges
16:00 Summary and next steps
Registration is open to all free-of-charge* and bookings can be made online via Composites UK website.
There is an option to add on a tour of the University of Nottingham facilities however please note this is to be confirmed.