IMechE event - Thermal Engineering for Transport, 13 June 2018, Midlands
23 May 2018
Thermal Engineering for Transport: Design, Measurement and Optimisation
Hyatt Regency Birmingham, Birmingham
MIA members are being offered tickets at IMechE members rate. Book on the IMechE website.
About the event:
Thermal Engineering for Transport: Design, Measurement and Optimisation is a specialist one-day seminar that will address the latest developments in thermal management across the automotive, aerospace and rail sectors.
With pressure from both government and consumers to make vehicles more efficient, join thought leaders across transport to expand your knowledge of innovative new solutions and approaches. This event will showcase technological advances in heat transfer, energy management, materials engineering and the integration and control of thermal systems within different vehicles.
Learn from experts adapting to the changing requirements of electrified vehicles. Understand how design, simulation and testing are adapting across manufacture and operation for aviation, automobiles and rail. The one day seminar provides a great opportunity to network with technical experts and leaders within industry.
Attend this seminar to:
- Gain unique access to thermal specialists across various related engineering industries
- Hear from leading transport OEMs and tier one manufacturers about how they are designing systems to optimise thermal management
- Understand how challenges such as hybridisation and electrification are impacting the requirements for thermal management systems
- Explore core challenges you have encountered through interactive panel sessions and roundtable discussions
- Network with cross-industry experts with knowledge of thermal engineering requirements, and the solutions and technologies available
Key programme highlights:
- Gain insight into the role of thermal energy management in reducing automotive energy consumption from Jaguar Land Rover
- Understand how engineers are implementing novel integration of models for aircraft thermal assessment with Airbus
- Hear about thermal management of a power car for high speed operations from Alstom
- Explore the thermal considerations in system design around electric automotive components with Ricardo UK
- Learn about methods of maximising direct exhaust heat recovery from SAIC Motor UK
Key speakers include:
- Cedric Rouaud, Chief Engineer, Ricardo UK
- Neil Glover, Head of Materials Research, Rolls-Royce
- Arun Muley, Thermal Management Lead, Power Systems, Boeing Research and Technology
- Ali Tabbal, Chief Aerodynamics Engineer, ALSTOM S.A
- Richard Owen, Senior Engineer - Thermal Energy Management, Jaguar Land Rover
Who should attend?
Engineers involved in:
- Vehicle Systems
- Thermal Testing
- Virtual Lifecycles
- Simulation Analysis
- Thermal Management
- Heat Transfer
Find out what some of our speakers have said about current industry challenges and developments:
"Understanding the role of the internal combustion engine within the electrified powertrain and how the two propulsion systems interact thermally in synergy with each other. The traditional goal of ICE thermal efficiency remains however the duty cycle is changing along with customer expectations. The additional technology gives great opportunity in terms of control optimisation. The challenge is to exploit this opportunities to deliver a cleaner transport solution while meeting the customers demand."
Mitch Hiscock, Performance Engineer, SAIC Motor UK
"In recent years there have been great advances in the thermal management of combustion chambers to optimise combustion performance for increases in specific output, efficiency and to reduce emissions. From priority cooling to top down cooling configurations, developments in this field are taking place at a very fast pace."
George Corfield, Engine Technology Senior Manager, SAIC Motor UK
Click here to read the full speaker interviews
Delegate feedback from the last event:
“The audience was treated to interesting thermal engineering material, presented by a diverse range of experts in the automotive, rail and aerospace world” – Senior Systems Engineer, BAE Systems
“An excellent event for understanding principles, tools and exploring technological discussions from many industrial viewpoints. This event is also a good networking opportunity and a chance to see things from different industry perspectives” – Research and Design Engineer, Avon Automotive