ING Renault F1 Open Day – for National Motorsport Week
Location: Enstone, Oxfordshire
National Motorsport Week - F1 Open Day
12 August 2009
Spaces are strictly limited - pass onto your family and friends!
ING Renault F1 Team will open their doors, as part of National Motorsport Week, and give members of the public the unique opportunity of an insight into their world famous Formula One premises on Wednesday 12 August.
Generally F1 operations remain secluded from the public view - such visits being reserved for the Renault organisation and team partners. But, in support of National Motorsport Week, the ING Renault F1 Team will open its doors, for one day only, for a special event to remember.
All visitors will:-
- take a tour of the ING Renault F1 Team's awarding-winning, CAR Centre, (Computational Aerodynamics Research Centre), exhibition area and auditorium
- visit their Heritage and Communication Centre where Renault sport cars that made history are on display, you will be able to get up close to the: RE30, RE40, Renault Alpine, Renault 5 turbo, Benetton F1 B195 , R25, R26 and a replica of the Renault Type A
- enjoy an interactive pit stop and steering wheel starting procedure in the workshop race bays
- have a photo taken in the 2009 ING Renault F1 Team car
- watch a presentation and video about the team, in their brand-new underground auditorium, taking an inside look at ING Renault F1 Team and their operations
- meet and talk to experienced mechanics, including the team's demo driver, Adam Khan
- get behind a wheel and take control in the ING Renault F1 Team simulator
- test out their reactions on the ING Renault F1 Team batak machine
- display your skills and play on their Scalextric track
- see, up close, all the team's famous trophies, awards and memorabilia
- visit the ING Renault F1 Team retail shop to purchase gifts for friends and family
For the past three eras of F1 racing, Renault's philosophy has never changed: a love of competition, rigorous working methods, total commitment to reliability, and the determination to succeed through innovation. Today, Renault stands on the threshold of another new era.
As the works team looks to defend its recent successes of the 2007 season, an old tradition has been resumed with the team supplying engines to Red Bull Racing, who are already winning races with Renault power!
The adventure continues…come and be a part of it…this exciting
experience is not to be missed!
- Adult - £20
- Child (under 16 years) - £6
- Family - £50 (2 adults and 2 children**)
All tickets purchased will enter into a competition to win a R28 1:18 replica model signed by Fernando Alonso, with 100% of your contribution to visit the Technical Centre donated to the Motorsport Foundation.
Tickets are allocated on a first come, first served basis, to reserve your place, simply complete the online booking form.
For more information please contact Charlotte Austin
on +44 (0)2476 692600 or email email@example.com
*All visitors under 16 must be accompanied by an adult on the tour - refreshments will be available - three individual tours will leave at 9.00am, 12.00pm and 3.00pm. Children under 13 might not be able to participate on the wheel change exercise, for heath and safety reasons.
**children must be under 16 years