Supplier Showcase Event at General Dynamics
Location: Bryn Brithdir, Oakdale Business Park, Blackwood, South Wales
Supplier Showcase Event at
Wednesday 9th July 2014
10:00 – 14:00
Bryn Brithdir, Oakdale Business Park, Blackwood, South Wales
Meet key engineers behind the £500m development programme
General Dynamics are currently focussed on the development stage of the design and manufacture contract for the Scout Specialist Vehicle (SV) family of vehicles for the British Army.
The programme is just at the key phase of the £500M development programme with the first off of each type completing critical design reviews over this summer.
This provides YOU with an unrivalled opportunity to attend the Supplier Showcase Event at General Dynamics, South Wales, which will be attended by the 150 key engineers who are responsible for delivering this programme.
General Dynamics wants to meet with MIA members who operate in the following areas:
- Engineering modelling and simulation – structures, CFD of engine cooling and crew compartment conditioning; design investigation of vehicle failures during trials
- Noise and vibration – analysis, measurement and management
- Acoustic signatures – modelling and analysis of primary and secondary noise sources within the vehicle design; sub-system designs and technologies to mitigate the noise sources and transmission paths such as engine mounts, exhaust systems, fan designs
- Rapid prototyping – of bespoke products to address elements associated with signatures
- Thermal management technologies – to mitigate heat transfer from engine and exhaust into surrounding vehicle structure
- Power management and power electronics – design and manufacturing capability
- Power generation and storage technologies – for future applications we need to consider fuel cell technologies, lithium ion phosphate batteries, hybrid power technologies and energy recovery systems
- Health, usage and monitoring systems – both as physical hardware and of prognostic capabilities
From the Senior VP and Chief Engineer down, General Dynamics are focussed on getting an agile supply chain in place to enable them to deliver this programme. They are already reaching out to the membership for specific requirements and so this provides the opportunity to push at the proverbial ‘open door’.
This ‘Motorsport to Defence’ event is EXCLUSIVELY for MIA Members, and the contribution required* is:
Showcase Area (approx. space 2m x 1m) – includes admission for TWO delegates, with lunch - £300 + VAT
ONLY 20 Spaces Available - BOOK TODAY
For more information please contact Clare Kelly on +44 (0)2476 692 600
or email email@example.com
MIA Communications Partner
* Terms & Conditions Apply - All showcase displays are subject to approval by General Dynamics