MIA School of Race Engineering
Location: Lola, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
MIA School of Race Engineering
Course A – 26 / 27 November, 2011
Lola, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Course B – 3 / 4 December, 2011
RML, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire
“….what we need is a young graduate engineer, but with the practical experience and understanding of the industry and the sport which allows him/her ‘to hit the ground running’ and thereby make an immediate and valuable contribution to our business……people like that are tough to find!”
F1 Team Employer
Motorsport is one of the most challenging and demanding industries to break into, requiring unique blend of knowledge gained from established formal education programmes and the practical skills and understanding which can only be acquired by doing the job…… and for the most, therein lies a challenge!
The Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) is, once again, delivering two top class courses. The industry-supported School is open to all UK or international, second and third year engineering under-graduates and graduates. It also welcomes those technicians with some practical race/rally experience, who want to learn more about real and successful race engineering skills from today’s experts.
Feedback from the 2010 delegates was excellent. They said they found the course informative, relevant and would recommend it to others. They also stated that it was well planned, and the presenters showed real enthusiasm and knowledge.
FEEDBACK FROM 2010 DELEGATES:
• “Fantastic! This will greatly help my career - well done to all”
• “Excellent presenters and course content – a valuable addition to the skills of graduate engineers”
• “The knowledge gained is knowledge I’ve always wanted, but, due to time limitations during a race weekend, have never had the opportunity to gain””
WHO WOULD BENEFIT FROM ATTENDING:
The course is open to Engineering graduates, technicians who have qualifying experience and those already progressing a race engineer’s career who simply want to learn more! Overseas students are welcome provided they are fluent in English...the international language of motorsport.
Our tutors are experienced, world class, race engineers currently working in the industry who better to learn from than those employed and successful in the very role you aspire to?
Jay Davenport Dan Walmsley
Chief Engineer MW Arden - GP 3 Chief Engineer Strakka Racing - Le Mans Series
Course A –
• Real World Vehicle Dynamics (Double Module) – the realities of vehicle dynamics in the pitlane
• Set Up Procedures – apply your vehicle dynamics knowledge to the car to guarantee a fast car everytime
• Data Analysis & Telemetry (Double Module) – Increase your knowledge of data logging systems, telemetry
Course B –
• Race Team Operations – Understand the way professional teams operate
• Race Engineering and Strategy – Learn the fundamentals of race car engineering
• Simulation – Find out how important simulation has become in race engineering
• Media Training – Understand the significance of media in today’s motorsport environment
Students must complete Course A before enrolling on Course B.
Graduates successfully completing both courses will be awarded an
MIA Diploma of Race Engineering
Only 25 places available - BOOK TODAY!
Cost of each course £650
10% discount when you register for both Course A and B
To book your place on the course, please contact
Zoe Chilton at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)2476 692 600