Training - Management Skills
Location: Stoneleigh Park, Warwick
Management Skills Training
One Day Training Course
Wednesday 19 November
Stoneleigh Park, Warwick
Book Now - Spaces limited
Why do we need it?
The motorsport industry is a growing sector and with this comes the need to recruit people and work effectively as a team – whether that is into your own business, or being a newly promoted manager.
People are a costly but very important asset to every business. They have a huge impact on shaping the success, so it is important that they are well managed and motivated to give their best performance.
There is an assumption that because you are good at what you do, you will automatically be a good people manager. However it often happens that good people don't develop the skills they need and become mediocre or even poor managers – but it does not have to be daunting or difficult.
Key issues that managers struggle with are: doing it all instead of delegating, not intervening when it's needed as they want to avoid conflict and they are nervous of doing the ‘wrong thing’.
This workshop is designed to give managers (old and new) more confidence in their own abilities. We look at key management skills such as delegation, managing performance and supporting differing levels within a team, giving essential feedback to keep people on board, taking responsibility and understanding the blockers, managing the performance cycle and of course setting and measuring team and individual goals on an ongoing basis.
Why come to a workshop?
- To enable you to take an objective view of the team you are managing to ensure that you get the best from them.
- To discuss potential challenges you have and share experiences with other delegates to learn from each other
- To understand the performance management process and have the confidence to use it
What the course will cover
- Why performance issues are not always managed
- The process / stages of managing poor performance
- Goal setting using SMART objectives
- Mapping team performance and adjusting management style accordingly
- The performance management cycle – from probation to ongoing reviews and appraisals
- How to give feedback effectively and the do’s and don’ts of delegation
- Member - £150 + VAT
- Non-Member - £200 + VAT
For more information please contact Tracy Dewhirst
on +44 (0)2476 692600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Terms and Conditions apply