Motorsport R&D Tax Credit Update Programme
According to the UK government “R&D Tax credits are the single most important funds for SME’s in the UK”. If you do not currently claim, or are unsure how to do so, the MIA’s ‘R&D Tax Credit Information Update Programme’ can help you.
Many motorsport companies stand to benefit substantially from the R&D Tax Credit scheme, yet most do not successfully claim their share. The MIA’s 2013 National Review of the Motorsport Valley Business Cluster found that:
15% of motorsport companies spent OVER 25% of sales turnover on R&D
Motorsport companies spent an average of 12% of sales turnover on R&D
Only 20% claimed an R&D Tax Credit in the last 3 years, with just 13% registering patents
This comprehensive programme of quarterly half-day workshops is organised in partnership with HMRC and professional industry tax experts. It will provide motorsport businesses with ‘tried and tested’ advice and assistance to help them claim, based on real-life case study examples from successful motorsport claimants.
Each workshop will provide:
- CURRENT overview of the R&D Tax Credits scheme - using real case studies
- PROFESSIONAL guidance covering R&D Tax Credits, Patent Box and IP Protection
- ONE-TO-ONE consultations covering all legal and tax issues
- NETWORKING with fellow-industry delegates and experts
- EXCLUSIVE TOUR at each venue - including lunch and refreshments
“We claimed under the R&D Tax Credit Scheme right from the beginning about ten years ago.”
“If we are to maintain a manufacturing base here in the UK, then being innovative and having that innovation encouraged and supported by HMRC in this way is vital.”
Alistair Fergusson, Managing Director, Alcon Components Ltd
- Base Performance Simulators
- Century Motorsport
- Falcon Special Projects
- Foobar Engineering
- Hewland Engineering
- JC Weldfab
- Laranca Engineering
- Oxford Advanced Surfaces
- Quantum Racing Services
- RML Group
|Workshop 1||Workshop 2||Workshop 3||Workshop 4|
|Time & Date||3 March 2015||15 July 2015||23 September 2015||19 November 2015|
|Notes||Includes facilities tour||Includes facilities tour||Includes facilities tour||Includes facilities tour|
|Booking||INFO. HERE||INFO. HERE||INFO. HERE||INFO. HERE|
NOTE: To ensure the most focused, relevant advice, delegate places are strictly limited, and will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
Pricing (includes workshop and lunch)
- MIA Member - £20 + VAT
- Non-member - £30 + VAT
- PwC: Nifty R&D - The UK's first online R&D Tax Credit tool - here
- 2016 Motorsport R&D Tax Credit Guidelines: Part 1 (here) & Part 2 (here)
- Harris & Co: R&D Tax Credits Advance Assurance (video) - here
- PwC: How will the new patent box regime impact innovation? here
- Motorsport R&D Tax Credit Programme: Top Tips from the Experts, here.
- Sage Exchange: Features and benefits of Patent Box reforms, here.
- Harris & co: Case Study 1, here.
- Harris & co: Case Study 2, here.
- HMRC: Voluntary Advanced Assurances for smaller businesses claiming R&D Tax Relief, here.
- HMRC: Evaluation from R&D Tax Credit (March 2015 Working Paper), here.
- HMRC: Presentation on R&D Tax Relief, here.
- HMRC: R&D Tax Credit guidelines and rates of relief, here.
- HMRC: R&D Tax Credits: Statistics and information regarding uptake, cost and nature of claims, here.
- Harris & Co: 'R&D Tax Credits for Motorsport Businesses': Read how motorsport firms aren't claiming their share, here.
- CIOT: Improving Access to R&D Tax Credits for Small Business, here.
- PwC: Newsletter here
- R&D Tax Specialists: Case Study - Formula 1 cooling system relief valve, here.
- R&D Tax Specialists: The Research and Development Company Overview, here.
- Rawlinson & Hunter: R&D Tax Credits Overview, here.
- Rawlinson & Hunter: R&D Expenditure Credit Overview, here.
- Rawlinson & Hunter: Patent Box Overview, here.
- Squire Patton Boggs: 'How to Make Sure Your IP is Protected': Useful advice on protecting your IP, here.
- Squire Patton Boggs: Patent Box - how to maximise the benefits, here.
For more information please contact the MIA Team on +44 (0)2476 692 600
or email email@example.com
* Terms & Conditions Apply