Motorsport to Marine - MIA Members' Business Visit to The British Power Boat Festival
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Motorsport to Marine
Business Visit to
26 - 27 August 2010
Cowes, Isle of Wight
Exclusive to MIA Members & their guests!
Following the success of the MIA's visit in 2009, The British Powerboat Club and their Chairman, David Macy have generously invited MIA members and their guests to join them for a VIP trip to Cowes celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Cowes-Torquay-Cowes Powerboat race.
Thursday 26 August 2010
Join us at 16:00* for an afternoon technical briefing and networking at The Prospect, this magnificent 18th century sail maker's loft is now home to the Sir Max Aitken museum - www.sirmaxaitkenmuseum.org. During this welcome, members will have the opportunity to meet with team managers and engineers from marine and powerboat companies before experiencing the race the following day**.
- David Macey, Chairman - The British Powerboat Racing Club - www.britishpowerboatracingclub.co.uk
- Fabio Buzzi, CEO - FB Design – www.fbdesign.it
According to the World of Powerboats magazine, Fabio is known as the Godfather of offshore racing. His company, FB Design has won a total of 56 world speed records and one of his most prestigious designs is the fabulous Sunseeker XS 2000.
- Lord Beaverbrook, former Chairman of the British Powerboat Racing Club and whose family have been significant supporters of offshore powerboat racing since the late 1950’s and who originally created the Cowes-Torquay race.
- Markus Hendricks, CEO - CTC 2009 Winner - www.spedition-hendricks.de
- John Moore, Event Director - The British Powerboat Festival - www.cowes2010.co.uk
The sought after VIP Pit Passes are also included allowing access to all areas, the competitors and their boats offering you the chance to view up close these magnificent craft, talk with engineers, drivers and crews.
Please click here to view all entrants for 2010.
The day will conclude with a welcome reception at the Royal Yacht Squadron (18:30). For details on the history of the Royal Yacht Squadron, please download the file below.
Friday 27 August 2010
MIA Members are invited to enjoy the exhilarating experience of the offshore start of this world famous race from a motor cruiser (09:00) - Heat 1 "The Solent 100". Watch the 60 race boats motor down the Solent - and then the flag drops off Lymington, letting loose thousands of horsepower into the English Channel all competing to win the Harmsworth Trophy.
Guests then return to Cowes and are free to depart or to take the opportunity to look around the pits awaiting the racers return outside of the Cowes Yacht Haven at 14:15.
- Transport to the island is via The Red Funnel Ferry which runs from Southampton to East Cowes, it is advised to book online in advance. Members may also consider parking in Southampton and catching the ferry as a foot passenger for Thursday and/or Friday. http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/travel-connections/driving/finding-us-in-southampton/triangle-car-park
- Accommodation is available on the island (Cowes or Newport) however early booking is strongly advised. www.isleofwighttouristguide.com
“The Cowes Classic gave a fascinating insight into powerboat racing in a relaxed and informative environment. Both the organisers and competitors were genuinely interested in how MIA members could assist them in their pursuit of performance. A really worthwhile visit”
Lifeline Fire & Safety Equipment
“The Cowes Classic meeting organised by the MIA last August was not only an opportunity to meet many powerboat teams and event organisers but also enjoy the atmosphere of what is often regarded as the UK's centre of yachting” Ricardo
- Thursday & Friday - £90 +VAT
- Thursday Only - £50 + VAT
- Friday Only - £50 + VAT
Limited Places - BOOK TODAY!
For more information please contact Charlotte Austin on +44 (0) 2476 692 600
or email email@example.com
* TBC Subject to change
*Terms and conditions apply