UK Businesses invited to have their say as DIT Export Strategy ToR are published
23 Mar 2018
Baroness Fairhead calls on UK businesses to have their say as the Export Strategy Terms of Reference are published
UK exports increased 11.5% in the year to January 2018, while an estimated 300,000 potential UK exporters are still yet to sell overseas.
The Department for International Trade is soliciting answers from businesses to the following questions:
- How should government differentiate its support for different sizes of firm?
- How should government prioritise its support across different business sectors and overseas markets?
- How should government change its mix of products and services to help businesses achieve a sustained increase in exports?
- How should government work with regional and private sector export support to deliver a more joined-up offer for businesses?
- What should government do to increase capacity and capability in the private sector, particularly at a UK regional level?
- How should government charge for the services it offers?
- Do you have any other comments that you would like DIT to take into account?
Evidence will be taken until 18 April 2018 and should be submitted to: DITExportStrategy@trade.gov.uk